Recommend an internal SCSI card (Non-RAID) for FC4

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Feb 11 19:03:33 UTC 2006

I need to install an internal server Ultra320 SCSI card into an existing
FC4 server to which I will be attaching a Direct Attached Storage unit.
  The card needs to work "out-of-the-box (hopefully) with FC4 and have
at least one external SCSI port so I can attach the DAS unit.

I have searched extensively for product compatibility, even using Red
Hat's HCL database but was not able to find anything specific enough to
tell me if a product would work or not.

It seems that Adaptec cards are well supported by FC4 and/or GNU/Linux,
but again, I can't be sure.  How about Tekram?

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Can anyone recommend an
internal Ultra320 SCSI PCI (133MHz/64Kbit) card made for a server
architecture that has worked for them?

Your help is truly appreciated.  Thanks, Anthony

--
My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: