Strange things in Yum

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Feb 12 20:58:17 UTC 2006

Anthony Messina ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
12/02/2006 21:33:
> Jeff Vian wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 06:57 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>>
>>> Friday, on one my computer in the office network, I installed
>>>
>>> rpmforge repo, and if :
>>>
>>> yum update all
>>>
>>> I get
>>>
>>> Setting up Update Process
>>> Setting up repositories
>>> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge
>>> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge
>>>

>>> I disinstalled rpmforge but I got similar message for updates-released.
>>>
>>> What happened and how to recover from this point (same with rpmforge
>>> installed or not)?
>>>

>> Is it possible the machine with the problem is not getting DNS
>> correctly?
>>
>>> Of ourse similar problem with Yumex
>>>
>>> At same time no problem at all on another Fedora Pc...
>>>
>>> Tnx
>>>
>>> --
>>> Antonio
>
> what does your rpmforge.repo say?  can you quote it here please?

I can't check now, the computer is in my office.
But the problem was also if rpmforge was not installed (check my
previous e-mails)

Tnx anyway

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org