Cups hoisted me on my own petard.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Feb 13 15:07:55 UTC 2006

After explaining to others how to use cups to print through a print
server and print to a local printer I have come up with a "situation".

On my machine I print both through a remote print-server and to a local
printer. Well if I put the address of the server in the client.conf file
the definitions of the printers on server eventually come to my machine
and I can print to them. But as long as that server line is in the
client.conf file my machine cannot see or access the local printer.
So last night I commented out the line and I can now print to my local
printer, but I can mysteriously continue to print to the printers on the
print-server.

Well that is a little surprising. Can anyone explain this or give me
another solution to allow me to print to both types of printers?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484