DVD Playback under Fedora Core 4

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 13 17:26:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 00:36:40 +0200,
  Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr> wrote:

> It can never even start playing a DVD movie because there is
> no URI or URL or something like that to handle "dvd://" well
> actually it is /dev/hdc but anyway

The device specification is different than the device type. You shouldn't
have to specify the device unless you have more than one dvd player.
If you don't tell it you are playing a DVD then things don't work correctly.
My memory is that the CSS keys don't get extracted from the DVD and you
end up seeing scrambled video. But its been over a month since I last
played with xine, so i may not have remembered things completely correctly.