32 bit kernel on x86_64

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 17:55:12 UTC 2006

Christopher Stone wrote:
> What is the easiest way to install and run a 32 bit kernel on an
> x86_64 fedora core 4 install?  Using either a 32bit kernel from
> kernel.org or a prebuilt Fedora kernel would work.

Install FC4 32bit. From scratch.

A 32 bit kernel will not run your 64 bit programs (read: *all* the
programs on the disk, with the exception of a few Perl and Python
programs. Which need an appropriate interpreter).

Going from scratch will ensure you don't have any 64 bit binaries lying
around.

Sorry.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "!" sez I.  And "?".  After a few speechless seconds I
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | come out with "%^&*".  Unless I come up with something