Strange things in Yum

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Feb 13 17:51:00 UTC 2006

Jeff Vian ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 12/02/2006 19:00:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 15:28 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>
>> Jeff Vian ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 12/02/2006 15:19:

>>> Is it possible the machine with the problem is not getting DNS
>>> correctly?
>>>

>> No, Jeff: I could surf the net at same time so I assume that DNS were
>> correct. This machine is also the router of the office network that was
>> working great.
>>

> This is strange.  Maybe something got corrupted in the repo files.
> Check the contents of /etc/yum.repo.d files and confirm they are the
> same as on the machine that does work.
>
> Also, since this is the router, I would assume that you have iptables
> and possibly selinux running.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Synaptic is running fine so I assume that iptables is not the
problem.Furthermore a similar router is working great

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org