Cups hoisted me on my own petard.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Feb 13 21:52:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:14:06AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> >After explaining to others how to use cups to print through a print
> >server and print to a local printer I have come up with a "situation".
> >Well that is a little surprising. Can anyone explain this or give me
> >another solution to allow me to print to both types of printers?
>
> A question probably better asked on the cups mailing list(s).

That is probably true but I hoped that someone one the Fedora List
had built a system that had both local and remote printers and could
give me a tip. Actually a found a tip in one of the CUPS manuals but
I don't know what to do with it yet. It said to have more that one
print server for a client one has to use scheduling and polling. But
what does that mean?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University