udev-071-0.FC4.2 does not seem to obey console.perms for pilot ttyUSB

Serge de Souza serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:19:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

Since udev-071-0.FC4.2 the ownership for ttyUSB* does not change from
root to the user logged at the console. I had previously just added
ttyUSB* to the <pilot> entry in console.perms and everything worked fine
ttyUSB* were created with the correct ownerships. Now they are created
and owned by root. This can be fixed if /sbin/pam_console_apply is run,
but shouldn't udev or whatever it uses do this ? Is this a bug in udev ?
How can I fix it without doing silly things like chmod 666 ?

Thanks