error pinging LAN

LC listfedora at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:31:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a router build using FC4. eth0 is connected to the modem, eth1 is
connected to the switch. I use roaring penguine to connect to the internet
with success. Windows boxes in the LAN are also connected to the switch to
gain internet access via the router. I had been running this setup for 2
weeks and suddently it failed. The connection to the internet can be
established, but it seem that there are some errors in the LAN. If i try to
ping local machine of the lan, it tells me "ping: sendmsg: Operation not
permitted"

Can anyone tell me what happened?

best regards