Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption (warning: long rant follows)

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:44:35 UTC 2006

On 2/13/06, Rickey Moore <wayward4now at yahoo.com> wrote:

[ . . . blah blah blah . . . ]

> p/s I propose that all of the CEO's and bigwigs of Linux meet out
> back in a sandbox, for a definitive Linux Olympics, and DUKE IT OUT.
> I'll put $5 on Szulik, he's got a strong handshake, is tall, lean,
> confident and works out during lunch. The prize would be to say where
> sh*t goes, once and for all time.

It's been done already, it's called the LSB (Linux Standards Base).
It includs a filesystem layout standard that Red Hat (and thus Fedora)
is pretty anal about sticking to.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."