OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:39:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 13:28, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > What part of the big bully boy saying, "that if you want to do business
> > with us you have to do it our way," don't you see as intimidation?
>
> No, I don't. I see adults making adult decisions and making
> voluntary contracts. A contract is always a quid pro quo.
> "You do this for me, I do that for you." Coercion is "You
> do this, or I shoot you in the head." That's use of force.

As I recall from the vendor testimony from the antitrust
trial, Microsoft told IBM "You do this or we'll force a
software audit on all your machines", something that probably
would have cost more than them shooting someone, even if no
violations were found.  I'd call it coercion.  They were
found guilty...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com