OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 05:11:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 22:40, Craig White wrote:

> Obviously commitment to the open source model is what Linus and Red Hat
> are about. Commitment isn't about only when it is good for me|us.

Open source and GPL are two very different things.  Different
enough that 'open source' had to be invented as separate term
due to the problems of the GPL restrictions.  There's no
reason for a consumer of any product to be commited to it
and a very bad idea to be locked in in any way.  If a
product can't do what you need - and it's by design - you'll
end up with a different product.  So people keep buying
Windows...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com