Adding an Ubuntu Partition to My Harddrive

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:58:43 UTC 2006

On 2/15/06, Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:

> I have never tried putting /boot in an extended partition myself, but
> there has been some traffic here about it and as I recall, the consensus
> was "you can't do that".

OK.  Not a problem =)  I have thought about this some more and
ultimately I cannot co mingle the OpSys in anything that the Windows
students will need to delete.

So, I'm back to square one using only one HD -

/dev/hda1 is WinXP/2003 Server
/dev/hda2 is /boot
/dev/hda3 is swap
/dev/hda4 is Extended (yadda yadda) with /dev/hda5 being Linux root /

Normally I manually just set /dev/hda4 as the last primary without any
extendeds but will try Mikkel's suggestion about using Partition 0
(/dev/hda1) as Extended and see what's what then =)
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting