migrating to new disk - selinux problem?

Petr Fischer petr.fischer at praguesoft.cz
Wed Feb 15 14:25:28 UTC 2006

James Wilkinson píše v St 15. 02. 2006 v 13:18 +0000:
> Petr Fischer wrote:
> > 1) booted FC4 install CD and created LVM structures with anaconda (on
> > new disk)
> >         100MB boot ext3 partision
> >         100GB LVM partition named "PFNOTES"
> >                 4GB logical volume for swap named "SWAP"
> >                 96GB logical volume for root filesystem named "ROOT"
> James.
> --
> You did format that with ext3, didn't you? In particular, ReiserFS 3
> (last I looked) didn't support labels.

Yes, I used ext3 (from anaconda installer).

I have no idea, what the problem with selinux is.

I really don't want install fresh system on new disk (like windows
reinstalls... ugly... fusty...) - I need migration by transparent
filesystem way - and this didn't work - should I post to fedora-dev
list?

What about "cp -ax"? Is all (selinux) attributes really copied?

Thanks, pf