ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 16 15:37:51 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Guy Fraser wrote:
>
> [I wrote]

>> As far as I know, the 80386 was the first processor supported
>> by Linux, or BSD but I don't know. Back in those days, I
>

> What I said. MicroSoft products are better able to run
> on old hardware than Linux.
>
> You agree, so there's no need for further discussion.
>
> Mike

But can these products be purchased today?

For the record, was Linux even available before the 386?  What was the
current processor available with Linux first came out?  What was the
current microsoft product.

You also cannot compare Linux to DOS.  It was more than DOS from day
one so it is an unfair comparison.
--
Robin Laing