2.6.15-1.1831 Memory Issues

Brian Hanks bhanks at crackedweasel.org
Thu Feb 16 19:23:01 UTC 2006

>Did you check the FSB speed setting?   That usually results in incorrect
>CPU speeds if it is set wrong. I have seen boards that go to the
>failsafe speed settings when forced down with a power off, and my
>Athalon XP 2000+ was only seen as an Athalon 1250 when this happened.

Yeah, I checked that.  Everything is set to Auto in the BIOS, so I can
only assume that the board is doing something screwy since I can't
actually see the settings.  I can force it to work by using the manual
settings, but when I switch it back to Auto it doesn't work.  I've
seen the failsafe thing before also, but that's not what's happening
here.  It seems like a BIOS issue.

-- Brian