When is the Last Time You Booted to Windows?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Feb 17 03:41:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Dan wrote:

> Same here. Just needed to get the group password (or secret as vpnc called
> it) from the network admin, it is already set in the Cisco clients they have
> available for download. Tried the Linux version, it didn't compile. But vpnc
> is working excellently. Supposedly NetworkManager is being developed to
> integrate with it, I don't use any rawhide on this computer or I would try
> it. I hope it becomes stable soon though.

The last FC4 update works reasonably reliably with many wireless drivers.

 	$ rpm -qa NetworkManager\*
 	NetworkManager-glib-0.5.1-1.FC4.4
 	NetworkManager-devel-0.5.1-1.FC4.4
 	NetworkManager-0.5.1-1.FC4.4
 	NetworkManager-vpnc-0.3-1
 	NetworkManager-gnome-0.5.1-1.FC4.4

I use the vpnc connector for my Cisco VPN with no problem.

HTH.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences