Missing dependencies - FC4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 19:50:45 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 18:42, Andy Green wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I did request quite a bunch of xmms-related stuff.  I'll try it this
> > evening, doing it in smaller batches, and maybe we'll be able to tie down
> > the source of the problem.
> >
> > <sigih>  All I wanted was xmms or audacious to play my CDs
>
> It's not the stuff you requested but the different places you requested
> it from that is likely underneath the problem.  Cut and paste the actual
> errors into a post when you next look at it.

That gave me the clue I needed.  I used 'yum search xmms' to list what was
available, then installed the plugins in two batches, first the ones from
freshrpms, then the ones from extras.  They completed without errors,
presumably because they picked up the dependencies from the same source.
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Anne