FC4 on Laptop, does it work??, Partly.

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Feb 22 16:07:51 UTC 2006

> Update on this. Apparently the volume controls do work for the internal
> speakers, but not when I have external speakers plugged into the
> headphone jack. Any ideas?
>
> I could start a new thread, hate to jump on someone else's like this,
> but it was related to begin with.

Anyone have any idea why the sound controls work for the internal
speakers but NOT through the headphone jack? If I have alsamixer loaded
I can see when I adjust the volume with the buttons that "Master" is
what is adjusted. Just don't see why that doesn't affect the sound
through the headphone jack.

Thanks,
James