pocket pc & samba

James Thorpe james at az.hopto.org
Wed Feb 22 21:30:18 UTC 2006

Hi List,

Using my windows mobile 2k3 ppc I can access shares on my windows
machine with no problems - just connect to \\machine and up pops the
username/password screen which lets me connect.  When I try to do the
same thing to the samba shares on my FC4 box (which I can access fine
using XP) I just get a box pop up saying "Cannot find the file '\\' (or
one of its components).  Make sure the path and file name are correct
and all required libraries are available."

Anyone else got WM2K3 and got it to connect to a samba share - is this
an issue on my PPC or is there a setting in samba?

Thanks,
James.