Hard disk drivers at bootup with new kernel (Phillip)

Phillip ptho at firefly.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Feb 23 19:22:49 UTC 2006

So far no luck. forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=89538 caries an
identical problem. Our boot screen shows the following:

SCSI subsystem initialized
Creating root device
mkrootdev: label / not found
Mounting root filesystem
mount: error 2 mounting ext3
Switching to new root
ERROR opening /dev/console!!!!: 2
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 0
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 1
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 2
unmounting old /proc
unmountin old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: 22

[and some trace info]

We have only a binary driver for the controllers. Moving to the
appropriate modules directory for the new kernel does not work

For other suggestions:
yes -- SCSI
yes -- raid
yes -- have aliases in /etc/modprobe.conf for both controllers
yes -- we have tried mkinitrd but it cannot find the .ko driver with or
without full path name and using the --with parameter.

More suggestions?

Phillip