Perl Q

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 24 07:11:57 UTC 2006

Greetings;

I have a mess in /usr/lib/perl5 that is causing me some Spamassassin
problems as it seems to be looking in the wrong place for some stuff SA
needs.  I found the file it wanted, and now its complaining it can't
build the thing, Fast.pm is the module at hand.

Not finding an rpm of a recent perl5, I've downloaded the 5.8.8 tarball
but have only unpacked it to look at so far.  I'd like to be able to
use checkinstall to put it in, but I won't try that when I'm 2/3rds
asleep.

What I'd like to know is one of where is a perl special mailing list
where I might be able to get this sorted, and since I have leftovers
ranging back to 5.6.0 from what looks like a very incomplete 5.8.5
install, just how many of the older trees can be nuked forever?

Or is there a recent (>5.8.3) rpm I can't find that will install a clean
install of one version of perl that includes all the stuff I had to use
cpan to install when I was fireing up SA for the first time?  The
system is based on FC2 but has lots of updates.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: