Screensavers - Removing

Ross A. Osborn rosborn61 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 28 16:45:54 UTC 2006

Analogkid wrote:

>Is it possible to remove a specific screensaver?  There are just a
>couple which I prefer not to have, or which my vid card doesn't
>display very well.
>
>Do I need to edit a config file?  Or can I rm the program itself?  If
>they can be removed, where are they stored?
>
>Thank you
>
>Pete

I would also like to know how to do this.  My kids like to go into the
preferences screen and play around to see what they all do.
Unfortunately the Web Collage screensaver downloads images at random
from the Web.  Many of these images should not be on a screen where
small children are or in a work environment.  I don't consider myself a
prude but I do think this one should be removed.

Ross