directory index forbidden

azeem ahmad azeem81 at msn.com
Tue Feb 28 16:31:49 UTC 2006

hi list
i have configured webdav on my server, i have also made ssl in the way
specified. but when i goto access webdav folders using any browser. it says
you dont have permissions to access. while all the directories and files are
set to

chown -R apache:apache webdav/
chmod -R 750 webdav/

while apache is the user running httpd. below is configuration of my
httpd.com

Alias /webdav/ "/var/www/webdav/"
<Directory /var/www/webdav/>
DAV on
AuthType Basic
AuthName "WebDAV Storage"
AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/passwd/passwd.dav
AuthMySQLEnable off
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/webdav/must/>
        require user must
</Directory>

this is the error shown in ssl_error_log

[Tue Nov 28 03:11:07 2000] [error] [client 192.168.3.6] Directory index
forbidden by rule: /var/www/webdav/must/

Regards
Azeem