Another newbie question

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 20:21:14 UTC 2006

Craig Cameron wrote:
> For x in lo eth0 eth1
> Do
> Echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/${x}/rp_filter
> Done

Since you say you're a newbie, I'd better point out: that won't do
anything at all. Ever.

Unix commands are case sensitive, and "For" and "for" are totally
different. There should not have been any capitals in that snippet at
all.

I notice that your e-mail program is Outlook, which can be too clever
for its own good. But you ought to be aware of that, too, in case you
ever try to retrieve shell code from an old e-mail.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Legacy (adj):