Fedora Core 4 features and programs

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Mon Jan 2 21:20:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 22:17 +0100, Császár Péter wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:42:07 +0100, Nathan Low <nlow04 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > To Whom It May Concern:
> >  What features and programs are included in Fedora Core 4?  I'm thinking
> > about switching from Windows XP.
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Yahoo! Shopping
> >  Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping
>

> There is probably more than you might think. The answer should depent on
> what is your need.
>
> Anyway, it incudes Open Office, GNU C and C++, Tetex Latex 3.0, some
> Browser, mail client, some simple game, Gnome and KDE as graphic surface,
> Eclipse as IDE for Java and partly for C++, and many more....
>
> --
> Császár Péter

Firefox for the browser, your choice of mail clients(evolution and
Thunderbird come to mind).  Also there is a lot of good software in the
'extras' repository...but that may be best left for later.

You may want to first install Fedora Core 4 in a dual-boot situation to
see what issues you may have with hardware compatibility or better yet
grab a bootable CD distro, like Ubuntu or Gnoppix to get a better feel
for Linux without messing around with installing a distro on your
system.

Sean