Access Old Home Directory - USB enclosure - LVM

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Tue Jan 3 03:18:19 UTC 2006

On January 2, 2006 21:54, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> LI
>
> I have some memory that this is the word LINUX and how many letters of
> the word are spelled out on the screen indicate something about the
> nature of the boot problem.

Hi Robert,

For the lilo prompt descriptions, I happen to have something on that:

Prompt 	Description
L<nn>	represents one of 16 disk-error codes.
LI		The second-stage boot loader loaded, but could not run.
LIL? 		The descriptor table could not be read.
LIL    	The second-stage boot loader loaded at an incorrect address.
LIL- 		LILO found a corrupt descriptor table.
LILO 		LILO ran successfully.

Hope this helps,

Phil