SBLive 24 bit card?

Nathan Grennan fedora-list at cygnusx-1.org
Wed Jan 4 16:35:11 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I just brought home a new SBLive 24 bit card, marked SB0410 on the box.
>
> I haven't installed it yet,figuring I'd make sure about the drive4s for
> it and build a kernel with support before diong the install.
>
> The idea is to let the onboard audio be dedicated to Skype etc, while
> system sounds and my ogg collection come out of the new card.
>
> Does anyone know if the emu10k1 drivers in the kernel tree will still
> drive this card like they did my much (>5 years) older SBLive?

  The Live 24bit is a completely different chip and requires a different
driver. There is a driver for the card. I bought one about a year ago,
got it half working under Linux, and in the end returned it. The driver
may have improved quite a bit since I used it last. So it is probably
with a try in your case, but I have been buying Audigy2 Value cards
instead. They are more expensive, but use the emu10k1 driver that has
been around for years.