touchpad tap performs a middle button click

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 8 21:04:41 UTC 2006

on 12/30/2005 02:14 AM kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
> when I tap my touchpad in my new FC4 installation on an IBM Z60m thinkpad it
> performs a middle mouse button click. How can I change this to do a left
> button click?

I had similar issue. It is easy to fix. Look at my section for synaptics
in xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Synaptics"
         Driver      "synaptics"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
         Option      "Protocol" "auto-dev"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
         Option      "SHMConfig" "on"
         Option      "EmulateMidButtonTime" "0"
         Option      "VertScrollDelta" "60"
         Option      "TapButton2" "1"
EndSection

the last string

Option      "TapButton2" "1"

is the key.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./