Runnning YUM via cron

Alessandro Brezzi alessandro.brezzi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:10:46 UTC 2006

2006/1/11, Scot McConnaughay <scotmcc at gmail.com>:

> I believe that '#yum -y update' will allow yum to run updates unattended
> :)
>
> If you are brave enough... It has been my experience that SOME packages
> COULD cause problems, so I like to do this manually also.

This is true; if you use crond, remember to set up a correct PATH= and to
add a MAILTO= to have a list of the update done by yum.
I do that for long time now and it run just fine. If you do the same
manually, you can't know before upgrading a package if this cause problem,
so I found doing that in background an having a list of what is updated a
better solution to the problem.

Just my 2 EuroCent
--
Alessandro Brezzi