new fedora desktop box

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 13 06:00:24 UTC 2006

> I think there are motherboards out there that have multiple x16 slots
> that can be used non-SLI if that is what you want.  Look at
> motherboards and go to the manufacturer websites, download the manual,
> and make sure it does what you want.  If you only want two monitors, I
> recommend just using one card with two ports on it.  They almost all
> have at least two ports now (even the above), so that should work just
> fine.  Do a little more research and be sure to dig deep here.  Let us
> know if you have more questions.

Just to confirm here - systems with 2 PCIe 16x slots are indeed available.

Intel has a fantastic one - D955XBK.

I know this isn't AMD, which it looks like you're after, but I really
need to mention this board as I've built systems with it and it's the
sweetest Intel board I've ever used.

Regards,
Ed.

Oh, and yes, the customer I sold it to has added a second 16x display
card, and yes, it is working apparently.