Setting up a multi-user programming environment

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 06:32:59 UTC 2006

Thanks for all the informative comments so far guys. In retrospect I may not
have been as clear as I could have been in my problem definition. The
project is to be coded, built and tested on this one machine (funds are
unpredictably low), my group mates are all Windows guys (for better or
worse) and therefore, I would like to make the fact that bulk of the
processing will be done on a remote Linux server to be as transparent as
possible.

There is no (initial) intention on being able to take the resulting code and
have it compile in Windows. What I would hope for is a system (or collection
of tools) that allows for coding using the tool they are familiar with (MS
Visual Studio 2003).

Currently I have no idea how possible any of this is, I just figure that it
would be easier to do it in Linux than in Windows for various reasons.,
least of which would just be the red tape that we would have to go to to
have our own Windows server running.

Thanks.