OT: Home remodel software

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jan 16 15:37:23 UTC 2006

Mick Mearns wrote:
> Hello list;
>   we are re-modeling our bathroom and would like to explore floorplan
> and layout options.
> Would someone please recommend a Linux program for this?
>
> Is there one with standard models for sinks/showers etc?
> With hot/cold/waste water pipes, and electrical wires?
> Variable scale grid?
>
>  thanks
>   Mick M.

For basic design work I have used OpenOffice draw as I can group
features just as I did in AutoCAD.  I can drag them around to place
them where I want.  When I need to design the layout of a panel for
equipment at work, it works well.  I don't need all the tools of AutoCAD.

If you need something more, look for QCAD or DIA.  It may be in extras.

Have fun.