Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:41:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 11:54, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> >I don't see how that makes sense.  The necessary update to
> >the yum config would have to be done before transition to
> >fedora-legacy instead of being done by them.
> >

> Fedora legacy team would have to agree to this change as in their best
> interests before the core team goes on a tangent and enables this.

Errr, I thought that the legacy team had no choice about taking
over per that policy you quoted earlier.  The choice is in how
the core team handles the users and more importantly in how
machines are affected when the user does not make any changes
other than running updates.  This isn't a tangent.  It's a
necessary security update that can only be done in the core
repository.  Unless, of course, the core repository becomes
a mirror of legacy...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com