Boot cd

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 18:17:50 UTC 2006

David Fletcher wrote:
> At 16:16 19/01/2006, you wrote:
>
>> Good. Then how about writing it up, and putting it here, instead
>> of waiting for someone to ask you? Then when the inevitable
>> question arises, someone with the skills to refer to a particular
>> message can simply point the questioner to the appropriate message,
>> and we can all reduce the bandwidth consumption on this point.
>>
>> It might even get picked up by RH and put on their website, though
>> I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> p="p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
>> This message made from 100% recycled bits.
>> You have found the bank of Larn.
>> I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
>> I speak only for myself, and I am unanimous in that!
>>
>> --
>

> Mike,
>
> What I actually volunteered to do was write the document AFTER

Yes, I realize that.

> establishing contact with somebody who controls the iso downloads
> folder. If it was buried in this mail archive it would simply be a waste
> of my time. Its existence needs to be obvious to anybody interested in

Well, I thought I provided some motivation for believing that
it would not be a waste of time. But any effort which is
freely given is given on the terms of the giver.

> using Fedora, before they start downloading.
>
> Otherwise we'll just continue to land fill with ruined CD-Rs.
>
> If you or anybody else knows an appropriate person to contact at Red Hat
> please feel free to pass on my email address, or pass his/her email
> address to me off list.

Sorry, I don't. Perhaps Rahul does? He's usually pretty helpful,
or at least tries to be.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.