FC5T2 anaconda and LVM

Chris Gordon chris at linux-dr.net
Sun Jan 22 02:56:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 08:50:49PM -0500, oleksandr korneta wrote:
> on 01/18/2006 04:21 AM Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
>
> >Excellent response.
> but it looks like the major advantage comes from the fact of the absence
> of more or less reliable partition management tool for linux. Consider
> "move" operation of ext2/ext3/reiser*/xfs partition with any of the
> tools currently available.

Do you have examples of a such a partition management tool that works on
some other OS?  The situation I described of dealing with disk
partitions is the same problem faced on other operating systems that
I've encountered.  Also note that there are other uses and advantages of
a volume manger than just dealing with "moving partitions" around.  I
only described one case that an average user may encounter.

Chris