enlightenment

Thomas Springer th.springer at gmx.net
Sun Jan 22 17:27:46 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, den 22.01.2006, 14:54 +0200 schrieb Gilboa Davara:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 13:41 +0100, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> > I'm looking for a repository to download enlightenment for fc4. Why it's
> > not available throw extras ?

> You can use the RPMs from
> http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe/
> (yum and apt source included.)
>
> I remember a discussion about putting into extra.
> I don't remember why it never made-it in. I assume it's E17 is too
> unstable to be included.

IIRC, some packages depend on others(e.g xine-lib) that will not go into
extras because of licencse issues. And then it can't be in extras
too.(See f-e-l archives).

> (Plus, last time I tried building it from source x86_64 didn't build)

Eric, I updated e17 yesterday after that e exits immediatly on login.
The last versions of e in particular were kind of stable.

Does it work for you?

Thomas