Sendmail and security

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 22 22:23:58 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
\>

> Hmm, shall I resist the urge...  No, I won't...  ;-)  Windows has an
> enormous share of the market, and it's very bad.  Proliferation isn't
> something I'd use to gauge the goodness of something.  :-\

It seems to me the _administration_ and _implementation_ of Windows is
often very bad.

The first thing to if you want to secure Windows is to install it to
NTFS: otherwise, you have no filesystem security.

My Acer Aspire camw with Windows XP Home preinstalled to FAT32.

The second is to have separate administrative and user accounts. I think
its fairly pointless on FAT32, but it seems to me most users make
themselves administrators.

Miss either of those points and your windows box is wide open.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait