Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 16:26:07 UTC 2006

Hi

>>I understand it fine and dandy but unless you are really happy to
>>contribute and make some differences instead of just about being rude
>>and abusing everyone who is trying to work on the team - both volunteers
>>and full time staff then find a different project that makes sense for
>>you to contribute instead of continuously harping about one issue after
>>another without any constructive criticisms or ideas. I requested
>>repeatedly in our earlier conversations that you post a good list of QA
>>issues that you alleged are present in the Fedora Extras process.
>>

>Great to experience somebody at RH exposing PM on the list ;)

I started the discussed in public about the QA issues and I can very
well mention my idea and what I said again in public. Unless I exposure
your private conversations in your name to a public list you have no
rooms for complaints about privacy.

>The problem is RH, the FF and FESCO are increasingly interfering with my
>interests, and don't really help. Instead of concentrating on technical
>issues, I see more and more marketing projects being launched, FESCO
>drawing more and more questionable decisions and RH becoming more and
>more non-communicational.

Be specific and post to fedora-devel list or fedora-extras list. This is
NOT the place where it would make ANY difference at all.

>I acknowledge RH providing servers and the buildsystem, but apart that,
>I don't see any substantial contribution of RH to Fedora, which is
>substantially different from what the situation used to be before
>Fedora.

You have repeatedly and steadily ignored all the contributions then.
Fedora Core as a sub project within the Fedora Foundation has tons of
engineering contributions from RH. FESCO (extras committee) and
FDSCO(docs) , FAMSO(ambassadors) have RH members working along with
community members.  FESCO is now chaired by a non-RH member to enable
the community to steer better the  direction of extras repository .
Fedora Legacy chair is the Fedora  Core release engineer working for
RH.   RH has members working on websites, infrastructure, RH has funded
and continues to donate very heavily in money and in kind resources to
the project. Let me just take a look at my work as an example of this .
I work on core, docs, i18n, legacy, ambassadors, websites.  my regional
efforts and so on under the Fedora Project banner. Unless you want to
discuss any alleged issues in specific details publicly within the
appropriate mailing lists there is zero difference this discussion will
make.  Continuing to post where it makes zero difference is waste of
your effort and mine - both volunteering. Do understand that.

--
Rahul