Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 24 03:08:01 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
>>> Define "community interest"
>>>

>> I'd start with making a new user's first time experience as
>> painless as possible.
>>
> What can be done to improve that. Can you provide a specific list. You

[snip]

I can provide a non-specific list with one (1) one element in it:

Keep two copies of ISOs around, one for the initial release, and
another which is what one would have if he downloaded the initial
release, installed, and then use up2date (or yum) to bring the
system up to date with the current revision. When a version is
retired, remove the "initial release" version of the ISOs and make
the "current revision" the only official copy.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.