Network Monitoring Tools

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 06:51:15 UTC 2006

 On 11/17/05, Ki Song <ki at knifecenter.com> wrote:
Thanks, Dan, for the info. However, I believe those programs would be
overkill.

So far, the program I am most intrigued in are bigbrother and mon.

Wow, I haven't heard that one in a long while. Big Brother is simple to set up, works great. The Northern Pacific Railroad used it, as did Texas A&M and other assorted large networks. I used it when it was first released and the author is a helluva guy, home programming operation. It just watched logfiles and emails updates to your machine, which gets parsed to html for your viewing pleasure with your favorite browser. It's simple to use as the docfiles, back then, were quite well written and easy for a non programmer to set up, IF you follow the instructions. It's probably better now than what I used 8 years ago. You do that, it will work and not place any great strain on the machines resources. They just need to have email running. Ric
 Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256