Missing USB Drive icon on the desktop with a new USB drive.

Robert Cahn robertscahn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:52:55 UTC 2006

I have been using a 128M USB drive.  Whenever I plug it in it is mounted in
/media/usbdisk and a cute little icon pops up on the desktop.  I was running
out of room so I bought a 1G drive.  When I plug it in the system
automatically mounts it as /media/TRAVELDRIVE.  It appears in Kwikdisk and
works correctly but no desktop icon.  It's just a nit but I was wondering
why it wasn't mounted in the same place and what happened to the icon?

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512