Can I delete *FC3* files from my FC4 system?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jan 25 18:46:46 UTC 2006

Nat Gross wrote:
> On 1/25/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
>>Nat Gross wrote:
>>
>>>On 1/25/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>>><snip>

>>Which repos do you have configured? If you do a "yum check-update",
>>which repositories are listed?
>
> 1. updates-released
> 2. kde-redhat-stable
> 3. extras
> 4. base

Your currently-installed redhat-artwork package looks like it came from
the FC3 kde-redhat-stable repo. What's in the .repo file for that repo?

> BUT, the catch is that I used to have (and still have them as *.repos.ren):
> 5. dag
> 6. dries
> 7. freshrpms
> 8. livna
> I don't recall why I remmed these (5-8) out, but definetly many rpm's
> were pulled from there.

I'd suggest that instead of renaming the .repo files, you add a line to
each of them:

enabled=0

and leave them as .repo files. That will cause yum to ignore them
normally, but you can enable them for a single command using the
--enablerepo option of yum.

What's in the .repo file for the "dag" repo?

Paul.