How to compile in Fedora?

David Boles dgboles at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 04:10:07 UTC 2006

David Boles wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>> I still like Fedora the best because of its huge flexibility, but it
>>> does take a bit more work to set up, which for the technically
>>> challenged, makes it a bit hard to recommend.
>>>
>> Some specific ideas on what could be improved will help drive the
>> changes in the subsequent releases. It is a bit late for Fedora Core 5
>> for things not planned to be done already though.
>>
> I have seen your name before. ;-) Actually I believe you replied to a question
> of mine. People like you, and many others, whose names I will remember much
> better later have helped me in the short time that I have been 'here'. Perhaps
> you remember. I had the question about listing duplicate file names with
> different versions in the rpm DB?
>
> I am not used to this much attention. At Mandriva these kinds of "specific
> ideas" would get 'nasty' replies or just silence. I find this refreshing.
>
> Okay. I understand the concept of "specific ideas". Please. Sent to where?
> Directed to who? Worded how?

I am sorry for the double reply. As soon as I hit the 'send button' I wanted
that one back.

I am new here, about three weeks, and so far I can find nothing to complain
about. Everything works. Very well. Everything is up to date. The only
problems I have had was 'different names' and 'different places' and
'different ways to do' things. Other than that I can not think of anything.
FC-4 is so well behaved compared to what I am used to that I got bored and I
have installed and I am looking at FC-5 test. Currently test 2 going towards
test 3. But it works. Or if it is broken it is only one or maybe two days and
then it is fixed.
--

  David