belkin wireless g+ desktop card support?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 28 23:19:09 UTC 2006

Fabio Comolli wrote:
> On 1/22/06, jack wallen <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net> wrote:
>
>>had to go into the driver settings to find anything out. looks like the driver
>>was made by broadcom - so i'm assuming it's a broadcom chip. of course that
>>means there's no support with linux right?
>

> Well, there is a open source project that may help you:
>
> http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
>
> You may try and see if it works for you.
>
> Regards,
> Fabio
>

> On 1/22/06, jack wallen <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net> wrote:
>
>>had to go into the driver settings to find anything out. looks like the driver
>>was made by broadcom - so i'm assuming it's a broadcom chip. of course that
>>means there's no support with linux right?

broadcom is a great brand to avoid. Last Great Step Forward I head from
the broadcom reverse-engineers that they had fully documented the
interfaces and were ready to begin the Next Great Step. I got the
impression usable code was some way off.

ndiswrapper is the most likely option, from my reading but it does limit
what you can do with the card.

--

Cheers
John