[powersave-devel] Re: Powersave daemon and KPowersave packages available for FC4

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 29 18:38:28 UTC 2006

on 01/29/2006 04:54 AM Stefan Seyfried wrote:
 > On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 02:13:40AM -0500, oleksandr korneta wrote:
 >
 >> gkrellm-powersave works fine (I must point that since I'm using fluxbox
 >> then this is the only option for me instead of kpowersave). I can
switch
 >>  between performance/powersave/dynamic modes, and battery indicator
 >> works as well. Also powersave [-xasbBSTr*] works fine and gives a nice
 >> output.
 >
 > OMG! I feared that this would happen some time! Somebody else than me
 > is using gkrellm-powersave! ;-)
 >
 > Gkrellm-powersave is really a dirty hack and i apologize in advance for
 > any pain you might endure while reading the code.
 > This does not mean that it does not work - it works well for me - but it
 > probably has lots of unneeded debug-printf's and other useless stuff.
I didnt look into the code yet, But I certainly will. I have some ideas
about possible improvement.

 > If there are problems with gkrellm-powersave, make sure to try out the
 > latest svn trunk tarball from
 > http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/svn/svnbrowse.php?repname=powersave
 > i usually try to do a "release" everytime i need to fix anything after
 > changes in powersave but you never know :-)

the only problem to me now is the battery indicator. I can  switch
between the percentage mode and time mode, but I don`t see the way how
to adjust the time mode. Means, where to specify the maximum time my
laptop can run on batteries.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./