Firefox for Fedora

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 10:10:05 UTC 2006

On 12/31/05, Richard England <rengland at europa.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >On 12/30/05, Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> wrote:
> >>Did you log out and log back in after changing /etc/profile?  This
> >>method has worked for me for years.
> >>
> >>TC
> >
> >I went so far as to reboot the machine.
> >
> >Dotan Cohen
> With Thomas'  change back in place, log out, log in, and then see what
> the  "whereis"  command tells you about where Firefox is being found by
> typing:
>     whereis  firefox
>
> The command:
>     which firefox
> command can be informative sometimes, as well.  Look to see if your
> personal ".profile" or ".bash_profile" contains a path that leads to the
> alternate (older) firefox executable.

Thanks, but this is no longer nessacary. After I changed the syslink
it worked great. And to me, this seems to be the 'proper' method. All
new users on the machine will get 1.5 when they command 'firefox'- no
hacks.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/what_are_the_advantages_of_lcd_monitors.html
&^