Eclipse & Oracle10g-EE

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 22:22:02 UTC 2006

Hey lads,

Well, we're steering of the path of my mail here, about advice of what
development environment and DBMS to use, but bloody hell, you got me hooked,
here are my (as the yanks say) two cents:

I believe that software that is much better deployed and developed with an
OS license... you can never harness the power of open source debuggin,
testing and extension in a closed environment... but then again, being a
Computer Engineer and a Software developer myself, maybe humanity will
benefit if i produce free software, but i will most definitely starve...

On 1/1/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 06:17, Császár Péter wrote:
>
> > The first question I had if I was going to use GPL or not? It because
> the
> > copyleft. I don't want to make that program free. It is going to be an
> > explicit economical system. Why should I make it free? But with GPL I
> > would have to. This is the reason why the ORACLE could be better than
> > MS-SQL or Postgree-SQL (which I haven't used yet anyway).
>
> Postgresql is not restricted by the GPL.  You can use it any
> way you want.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell at gmail.com