Eclipse & Oracle10g-EE

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 2 00:04:03 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> To object to having to pay for the tools when you want to sell something
>> made with them, to others, sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Les Mikesell:
> Why?

Because it is...  Sure, you can object to it, and raise all sorts of
arguments to defend it, but it doesn't detract from it being
"hypocritical".

I don't have any particular problem with someone using free software to
make money out of it, if it's allowed.  But to *complain* about having
to pay for your tools when you're going to make money from the results
is hypocritical exploitative selfishness.

Just what sort of attitude would you adopt if your customers, then,
decided that they wanted to use your tools without having to pay for
them?

I read messages from the public lists.