Eclipse & Oracle10g-EE

Császár Péter csjpeter at freemail.hu
Mon Jan 2 17:45:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:04:03 +0100, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

> Tim:
> I don't have any particular problem with someone using free software to
> make money out of it, if it's allowed.  But to *complain* about having
> to pay for your tools when you're going to make money from the results
> is hypocritical exploitative selfishness.

It seems to you misunderstand my voice. Perhaps because my composition was
bad. It easily happens because english isn't my mother tongue. I do not
complian. The GPL is one of the best thing the humanity ever made and
received. I welcomed it the first time I read.

The reason I mentoined not to pay for a tool, is that sometimes one can't
afford it.
If I had the resource (and of course if my costumers had), I would pay for
it gladly. Don't forget one thing: all life (and all thing in life) starts
with some kind of selfishness from one, and some kind of selflessness from
other.

> Just what sort of attitude would you adopt if your customers, then,
> decided that they wanted to use your tools without having to pay for
> them?

You said I am hypocritical and selfish. Thank you, you are "really nice"!
Think about the next a bit: What I wouldn't like is to profit someone from
MY work. For example: let say I give someone something in any way even for
free. Now, if he use it to make something more complex, I wouldn't stop
him form profit from that extension in the way he likes to. He had worked
for it. If I stopped him, that would be selffishness in my view.

Peter